Tuesday, September 25, 2007

the weekend that was

i had a nice weekend catching up with my dad and my siblings. i got to see my nephew for the first time in ages—he is so big now (almost two) and so fun to hang out with. my bro and i went to the 24 hour book sale and we found some neat books. my best find was this book called “down easter bunny lane”. it is quite strange, like those walter potter tableau, but at least the animals in this book are still alive (I think)…





i also found one of my favourite childhood books, “the sailor dog” by margaret wise brown and illustrated by garth williams. it is about scuppers the sea faring dog. the part that tickled my fancy as a kid is the part where he is shipwrecked, and he makes his own wee house…



i found this lil' vase in an op shop in wanganui on the way up to new plymouth. i raced over to the salvation army during our 25 minute lunch stop. hee, it's too cute!



and one of the nicest things i got to do over the weekend was to hang out with my sister. we went for a lovely jaunt along the walkway in new plymouth. i just wish we lived closer to each other...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sailor dog was one of my favourite books as a child too!
Sounds like you had a lovely weekend!

Anonymous said...

oh, i loved 'sailor dog' too! i don't remember why i loved it so much, but i did.

that last photo on this post is amazing. i'm not at all surprised that you won a competition for it. do you have a flickr page?