Wednesday, October 3, 2007

from chaos there is order

this week has been slightly shambolic (and what’s with this insane weather??) but there have been some lovely catch-ups with friends. yesterday i went for a quick op-shop blitz to the wairarapa with two buddies. we didn’t score much but it was nice to get out of town for the day and we had a beaut feed in greytown. the carterton salvation army wins hands down for old school ambience! there i found a couple of frames, a candle in the shape of a ladies head, and a bracelet with green glass beads that broke five minutes after I bought it. however, i restrung it when i got home with some other beads, and then i got a bit keyed up and restrung some other necklaces. it was immensely satisfying to complete something…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Insane weather annnnd earthquakes! The earth is weird at the moment. It's quite scary.
I love the necklaces, especially the blue and white one. I have a lot of necklaces that need restringing, but I'm too clumsy to do it, I think. I always drop the beads everywhere and the necklaces end up being much shorter than before!

Oh, and just to be very hint-y, if you ever want to do another swap (if you ever need new hoodies, or tops...) I kept your custom pattern, and I'd be more than stoked to swap for another bunny!
No pressure, of course : P But if you ever do, just let me know!

xx

cloud of birds said...

i agree, there is much weirdness afoot in this world currently and alot of it is quite worrisome.

you are the temptress of hoodies, i can tell that there will be more swapsies to be had in our future--i can’t get enough of that toasty goodness!