Wednesday, August 22, 2007

best shop ever

every time i visit my dad it is one of my rituals to visit this little shop in fitzroy called faded fancy. here you can find everything from vintage clothes, handbags, jewellery, linen, fabric and knick knacks. her prices are usually fair compared to wellington’s mental, over inflated prices. the coolest thing I found here was a tray that my mum had decorated with a lady surrounded by decoupage flowers. i recognised it the instant I saw it as something that my mum had made. angela (the faded fancy owner) said she had bought the tray at a garage sale around the time my mum passed away and had it tucked away at home for a couple of years before bringing it out to sell in the shop. i was pretty happy take it home!


I love the care that is put into displaying everything, especially in the windows.


tutus and petticoats! behind is a shelf of vintage fabric and embroidered linen


buttons and retro patterns


two chinese fellows, a ceramic king and a plastic cowboy


a shelf of kiddies stuff and above is a bunch of barkcloth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fitzroy? Were we there? Viewing your photos, I felt I was there with you checking out all the neat stuff. I love the petticoats and fabric in the background. Your right, everything is so beautifully displayed and inviting to look at.
It's like a treasure hunt.